Friday, October 18, 2013

Who gives a ... ?

It's been a good Eid this year. I can definitely say so because exactly a year back I was in a phase where I was still discovering myself. Not to say that I have completely, but it's much better now. Every day I discover something new about myself. Yes. I'm weird like that.
There comes a point in life when you'll feel your world is crashing down around you and you cant do anything to fix it. You'll feel a hole being burned through your chest, You'll feel pain and guilt and want to just try and pick up the pieces, but you'll fail. Let me tell you a secret. If something's falling apart, it's only because  it wasn't meant to be and there's greater things meant for you. You weren't born to be confined in walls and stay safe and protected. You were put on this earth for a reason. We all have a purpose in life and you're the only one who knows what you truly desire.
So the next time you're going through a bad phase and surrounded by people who make you feel guilty and simply like to magnify your flaws, have the courage to walk away.Be who you are. Be what you want to be and no one has the right to tell you otherwise. Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer makes you smile.

Moving on to a style note, I used a jersey dipped hem skirt to create this asymmetrical skirt! No cutting or stitching, I simply took the back and tucked it in neatly at the side. That's the best thing about viscose-jersey. You can do so much with such a fine fabric!









Pin It

Top:Mango, Shoes :F21, Skirt: Stradivarius, Bag:Monsoon, Necklace: Thrifted, Cuffs: Mango, Aldo

5 comments:

  1. I used to live in the middle east a long (10 plus years) time ago. At that time, fashion was very conservative and skin showing-fashion was not much appreciated. It is nice to see that things have changed there and you can wear clothes that fit your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still couldn't figure out how you converted the skirt into an unsymmetrical one. :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like you're wearing a lungi! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuckkk thats hot. I'm definitely trying this out! And is that like a body con top ?

    ReplyDelete