Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hidden Details

Summer calls for casual dresses and cute flats. I love wearing dresses but the downside to a great dress is that you might not be able to wear it too often, unless you know how to camouflage it as a whole other outfit. So here's what I've done to a dress that I wear too often- Simply thrown a casual black tee over the dress and added in a mock collar so it looks like I'm wearing a skirt! Genius and simple. Try it out yourself but remember to layer a dress that's fitted at the top. Layer with a denim jacket, a tee shirt, a shirt tied up or even  a belted blazer. Get creative and you can repeat your favorite dress as much you like.
TSCT TIP : I love the idea of pairing a basic LBD with a cropped denim jacket and sneakers during the day and killer heels and a statement necklace for the night.
Also, Can you guys make out that I'm wearing stocking with this dress? Yep. I am. They're my favorite and I wear them when I feel a little chilly outdoors and I always wear a pair with skirts to work. They're very light, ladder-resistant and come in a pack of 5 at BHS! I love these and cant get enough! I'm wearing them in "Natural Tan". Who would have thought right?!






Pin It

Dress, Tee and Bag: Mango, Shoes: Zara, Collar:Oasis, Accessories: Monsoon & F21

1 comment:

  1. hey ashwathy....i have been an ardent follower of your blog...but am very sorry to say that it has been very dull off late..the style has become too predictable..you always play it safe! am hoping you do better and dont consider this as a hate comment..looking forward to see better posts from you :) P.

    ReplyDelete