Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Classic Trench

 I love me a well-fitted, classic black trench coat for fall. It is the most versatile piece of winter clothing to own, as you can dress them up or down depending on the occasion. White tan colored trench coats are also great, I think they're more day- appropriate but a black coat is perfect for any time of the day.
Be it work or a night out, work with jeans , dresses or pant-suits, a trench coat can take any outfit from boring to fabulous in a matter of minutes.
My only advice would be to invest in a good quality suit-material coat that will last long. Un-structured coats can make you look shabby and felt coats can attract all dust and lint, making it impossible to maintain.
In this look, I wore a gold embossed tulip dress underneath my trusty trench so that the metallic color pops from under neath without being too over-the-top. Snakeskin print metallic shoes and a bright pink pout to match my clutch added as an accent color without stealing the focus from the coat.
I personally love trench coats, what about you? How would you style yours?





Pin It

Dress and Coat: Mango, Shoes: Dune, Clutch: Debenhams, Cuff: Anna Dello Russo for H&M

3 comments:

  1. u lukin awesome,very well-written post
    Loved ur second pic
    http://vanduchoudhary.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair tutorial please! So Vintage and lovely!

    ReplyDelete