Saturday, March 7, 2015

Champagne Chiffon


When I'm designing, pure silk chiffon is my favorite fabric to work with. I cannot stand poor quality clothes like cheap satin or cheap chiffon. I only like to work with fabrics that look and feel great.
Silk chiffon is such a flirty, feminine fabric and I've used them in all my gowns, dresses and I've started incorporating them into ethnic wear as well.I love how floaty , lightweight and delicate they are.
I got this piece stitched last year when I got bored of normal ethnic outfits. This beautiful embroidered fabric on the top half of my outfit, was gifted to me and I've already make a midi skirt of of it and used the left over piece for the Bodice of this champagne anarkali jacket. While I originally got gold sequinned pants tailor-made for the top, I decided to mix it up with black for this post to add a bit of depth and some edginess.

Moving on, the weather is getting warmer now, and as my turtle necks and cable knits go back into hibernation, all my lighter, breathable clothes are taking place in the front row of my closet. I cannot wait to work with my favorite summer colors like white, tan and dusty shades of pinks and blues. What about you guys? Are you enjoying the start of summer or not?






Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Loved it! So beautiful .. I could imagine wearing it with a pencil skirt
    Do mind telling me who's your tailor? I could really use knowing a good tailor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too good... A queen.

    ReplyDelete