Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Knots and Rivets

 Summer is finally here, and although I detest the Middle East conditions that are yet to come upon us, I’m finding ways to not let that show in my summer style. Summer= breathable fabrics, sundresses and lots of legs. I personally love shift dresses paired with cute flats and messy waves. My hair is short at the moment and while I may not be able to work big waves, I can certainly make do with these super cute tie- up sandals from Mango.
It’s always better to work casual chic during the Hot summers, as the more decked up you are during the day, the more uncomfortable you will feel. Try switching to layered, dainty chains, thin cuffs and strand bangles from statement pieces, that will feel lighter and look less crowded.
I cannot say it enough, but wearing good quality fabrication is very important too, not only on a comfort level, but also for hygiene purposes. Faux leather, cheap viscose, china satin/ silk are the enemy and should never be worn in high temperatures. They trap in heat and case excess sweating which is not at all ideal. Opt for raw fabrics like cotton, linen and other breathable material that  are lightweight and airy.
For this casual weekend look, I paired a boxy black sleeveless dress with rivets and threw on an army green cotton shirt over it . Gladiator sandals are hot right now and I can’t get enough of strappy sandals. A bold pink pout was all the color I needed to complete this casual weekend look!





Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Any particular makeup brushes you can recommend for someone who is a beginner? I want them to last long as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there ! I highly recommend the beauty blender for flawless foundation application . You can get the smaller size for contouring too. It's better than brushes ! For the eyes the blending brush is important. You can buy the 13 pcs BH cosmetics set from makeup _ bargain on instagram. They're inexpensive and are great quality ! I personally use these! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi ashwathy. How are u? I have been watching your makeup tutorials on youtube... Can u upload a video on how to use silver eyeliner pencil? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sameera! I'll definitely look at filming one :)

      Delete
  3. You look super hot in this casual attire. btw, where are your shades from? 'cause I have exact same ones from ALDO :) Gladiator sandals are super chic and you are rocking them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much doll !! They're from Stradivarius :)

      Delete