Sunday, May 10, 2015

What's in my Handbag?

 "Women have the habit of carrying any and every irrelevant thing possible in their handbag. And I repeat, anything and everything". 
I read this in a magazine on my way to Dubai 4 months back, and I thought to myself, “Wow whoever wrote this clearly generalizes”. 
Upon reaching my hotel room, since I couldn’t get the article out of my mind, I decided to open my bag and dump out all the contents onto the pristine white sheets on the bed in front of me . It was then that I realized that the article was in fact true.(Or at least applied to me!)
I had so much rubbish I never even knew I had.  Among my much needed items like my CH passport holder, makeup stuff and wallet, I found that my trusty travel handbag had been abused. There were about 8 different lipsticks in, that I threw in over the years and never bothered to take out; a bunch of keys that looked unfamiliar, 2 pens that weren’t even working, a really old chewing gum packet, a perfume bottle’s lid, a nail polish bottle with the plastic covering still on, some travel sized dental kits that have been in for god knows how long and a lot of other rubbish.
I immediately sat down with crap strewn out all around in front of me and started organizing. I threw out the stuff I didn’t need, recognize or didn’t love and that included about 4 lipsticks as well! Oh the pain. After an hour and a half of cleaning out my handbag and wallet, I finally went in for a much needed shower.
Nowadays, I have the most organized handbags ever. Apart from having a handbag organizer, I also separate my contents in sections based on the frequency I use the item . So what’s in my handbag at the moment? My wallet, keys, a small perfume bottle, chewing gum my (organized) makeup bag with compact powder, a few neutral (and one red) lippies, hand cream and a phone charger. No rubbish, no crumpled up bills and no un-necessary stuff.
Needless to say, I am proud of me . What’s in your handbag at the moment?






Pin It

Handbag : Mango

No comments:

Post a Comment